In My Opinion Wells Fargo is Terrible
So here’s the most recent story…
I wanted to change my e-mail address due to getting lots of spam. You would think this is a simple process right? NOPE, think AGAIN!
First I changed it with Clear XChange which I thought oversaw the “SurePay” program where you can send money from one bank account to another. Turns out, they don’t oversee Wells Fargo, they oversee the other bank I was transfering the money to.
I had started with this SurePay program about 1 1/2 years ago, and after a short time, I was allowed to send money expedited within one business day. I was very thrilled and happy with the service.
With www.ClearXchange.com it was very simple, they sent me a verification code through e-mail, I entered it on their site and my new e-mail address was changed.
When I went to change it in my account within Wells Fargo, that’s when ALL the drama started and I proceeded to lose minute after minute of my life. In the end I’ve probably lost close to three hours of my time & the problem is STILL not resolved.
- I was on the phone with Ashton, a Wells Fargo customer service rep when I told him there were issues changing my e-mail address. I kept getting an error.He had to put me on hold a 2-3 times and finally he came back with a ridiculous reason why IT said it wouldn’t work. That it’s being used at another bank. Umm, sooooo???? You can’t have the same e-mail address at two different banks? LOLIt’s not being used at another bank & I think in the end it was because I had created one that said [email protected], but of course they couldn’t figure that out.So I finally used a gmail account. Almost 40 minutes had gone by when all of a sudden I noticed in the SurePay area my “expedited” option was no longer available. I started getting very upset and in true form, Ashton came up with another ridiculous reason why it wasn’t giving me that option… “because it was the weekend.” I told him that I’ve sent money MANY times on the weekend & the day of the week doesn’t matter. Expedited doesn’t show or hide itself based on the day of the week. Where do they hire these idiots from?
I asked to speak to a manager & instead of just being professional & passing me off to a manager, he had to be insecure, use his ego & tell me that the manager is going to tell me the same thing he just said. I said no they won’t.
Based on YEARS of me asking to speak to a manager, they NEVER tell me the same thing the employee says. They are usually much smarter.
- Then I get Laquita. I think that’s how you spell her name. While she wasn’t rude, she had absolutely NO sympathy for what I was going through & told me the reason I no longer have that option is because I changed my e-mail address & now it’s going to take another $250 of transfers plus a month from the date that I send the final amount totalling $250 to get that feature back. That the account isn’t attached to my NAME (why would it be attached to my name, that would be TOOO LOGICAL), but rather to my e-mail address.I was FURIOUS that not only didn’t Ashton tell me this, but that it doesn’t even say this in the account area. In fact Ashton had been trying to enter in my e-mail address for me & it wouldn’t work.I was raising my voice at this point telling her to get it back for me, that this is unacceptable. No she can’t do that, this is how it’s done. I eventually hung up on her she made me so furious.
- In the meantime I hadn’t yet transferred my money which I needed to do.Then I called 3 more times because when I tried to send the money it wanted a cell phone to text a verification code, & I’m overseas right now, so of course I don’t have a US cell phone.I got one guy I didn’t like at all as his attitude was unsympathetic & he wasn’t trying to solve the problem AT ALL. His attitude was it is what it is & you can’t change anything.Then he gives me ridiculous options like “use wire transfer.” I said SURE, if you guys are going to pay for the wire transfer fees every time I do a transfer, I have no problem using that. Of course they aren’t going to do that.
Then I had to call back again (we are now upt to 4 calls) & spoke to Robert. He said there’s no way to do an e-mail verification, you can ONLY do a text verification. <sigh> He even suggested I try to use an online texting service which I do have, I just didn’t think it was going to work.
- Then I had to call back a 5th time. This was because even after I entered in one of those phone numbers for the online texting services, the number wouldn’t show up under the drop down menu. That’s when I got the ONLY person who seemed to be smart & had empathy for my situation – Erica.She explained they had been having technical issues for days unable to add new phone numbers to that area of the account settings. She opened a case.
- The following day (Monday) I called the Executive Office & spoke to Lucy. She seemed nice enough & told me I’d be notified via e-mail when the number had been added. Well I was never notified, but I was in my Wells Fargo account on Tuesday, & I saw that the number was there. The message Lucy said I would get came through the Wells Fargo message area that I can NEVER find unless I try to create an e-mail to them. Only then can you see the list of messages.And they don’t send you an e-mail telling you there’s a message waiting for you, so unless you log into your account day in & day out, you have no clue that there’s messages there waiting for you.I tried to get the system to send the verification code via text, but it didn’t come through. I tried it a second time on Wednesday (today) & again it wouldn’t. I was furious & responded to the message within Wells Fargo saying it’s STILL not working, & had to run some errands.Later in the day I called Lucy again. She was on the phone, & when she called me back, she was clueless.
a) I know I told her I was going to use the online texting services because I told her I was overseas & didn’t have a US cell phone number. Never ONCE did she tell me it wouldn’t work. I got upset at her because now she wasted 3 days of my life & I STILL can’t transfer money through SurePay. She is claiming I never mentioned it.
She’s also now telling me it’s going to take upto 10 days to add the phone number. I’m like WTH?? Why would it take 10 days to add a simple phone number?
b) I gave her a friend’s cell phone number & she put me on hold. I thought she was going to enter it into my account, but when she came back after keeping me on hold for 15 minutes, she asked me which numbers I wanted to remove. I said both, they are both online texting services.
I had told her in my voice mail message plus when she first called me that I was in the middle of eating & I knew with her slow response time I was going to be on hold forever. I wanted to enjoy my meal, so I told her to call me back when she added the number & to tell me when it would be added. Do you think I ever got a call back??? NO, I NEVER DID.
So now I have to call back tomorrow (Thursday), waste MORE of my time dealing with these IDIOTS & I STILL can’t transfer money using SurePay which is much easier than bank to bank transfer. Erica had been smart enough to suggest the bank to bank transfer to me as an alternative when I spoke to her on Sunday, but it takes two business days, so really you don’t get it until the third business day.
When I went to do a search for complaints against Wells Fargo, I saw TONS of websites dedicated towards trashing Wells Fargo & a rating of one star.
I’ll be back!