Here are just SOME of my Young Living Complaints
If I were to actually write down ALL of the Young Living complaints and dramas I’ve had with Young Living, I’d never have a life. This is my TRUE story and my opinion. Your opinion (if at all unbiased) may vary.
It’s finally gotten to the point today where I couldn’t take it anymore and I had to tell others how I’m feeling.
What I find SHOCKING, is that no one else has complained about them. I found 2 Young Living complaints on Yelp and that was IT. This makes me VERY suspicious that a company this large has no complaints. I wonder if like other large corporations, they threaten people with legal action if they don’t take down their story. I’m not saying this is what they do, I’m just wondering out loud here.
I see lots of Young Living complaints from employees complaining about them, but NOT customers.
It’s probably because they are all distributors, and any MLM distributor I’ve encountered since 1996 are always easily brainwashed and warned that if anyone says ANYTHING negative about the company, they are just jealous and you should stay CLEAR away from them.
LOL, yes, I’m jealous of a company that is TERRIBLE.
The first time I signed up with Young Living, my upline was a mean-spirited person. Every time I said there was an issue with Young Living, he turned around and blamed it on my personality, that I was just complaining over nothing, etc. Again, this is the typical behavior of an MLMer.
So here is my story and my Young Living complaints…
In my opinion, Young Living’s customer service SUCKS and is TERRIBLE.
So to be clear, I’m not a distributor that sells, but I do have a distributor account to save the money. I love their oils. That’s the ONLY reason I continue to buy from them and I’ve tried another mom/pop essential oil company, and they didn’t compare.
Because their products are SOOOOO expensive, I rarely buy them, but every time I do buy them 1-3 times per year, there’s ALWAYS a drama, and it’s only gotten worse since I started buying again in 2015. That issue was a shipping problem, and the only complaints I’ve read also pertain to shipping problems. How many years does it take for a company to fix their shipping problems???
Then in 2016 I moved overseas and thought I’d be ordering from the UK, as it’s the closest country to me. But instead, this started a 3.5 MONTH (I am NOT exaggerating) drama that had me wanting to bang my head against the wall because of the incompetence and stupidity of their staff there. I lost days, weeks, and months of my precious time which adds up monetarily. I am NOT talking about losing a 5-10 minute conversation here and I’m NOT talking about calling them once a week.
- First they tell me I have to order from the UK. I call the UK and then I find out, no, I have to order from the US. I’m getting kids that can’t even think or do things properly.
Then the staff doesn’t even know that they ONLY carry diffusers for oil (not water). These are people who didn’t just start there, but have been working there for a year. The girl was arguing with me that they ONLY had water diffusers. Turns out I knew MORE about Young Living than she did and it seems I know more than many of their other staff too.
I used to have 2 oil diffusers years ago, but sold them and now needed to buy a new one that would work overseas.
I learned from the first person I spoke to in the US office that there’s a term for each type. Ultrasonic is for the water diffusers, and the Atomizer is only for oil which is better.
When I called back to figure out which one to get, NO ONE knew what I was talking about, and that’s both 1st level staffers AND supervisors. I never wrote the terms down the first time because I thought they would ALL know those terms. Finally 4 people later I found someone with a brain.
- Then a supervisor gives me one price for shipping, and then the International department gives me another price. Then they tell me they have NO diffusers for 220 volts and after wasting around 2 weeks of my time and money trying to find a diffuser online, the International department “suddenly” e-mails me and tells me they DO have one. On their site it doesn’t even TELL you it’s for 110-220 volt and of course their staff is CLUELESS.
- Then they don’t have the 15 ml digize product, they only have small so I couldn’t order right away.
- Then I wait a couple of weeks, I order, and they don’t ship out my order until TWO WEEKS LATER. Can you believe that????
- Then when FedEx comes to my door, I find out that they put the FREE items on the duty declaration waybill so I have to pay for duty on everything I DIDN’T pay for. That’s the free items I got for free because of my large order, and the free oils a manager gave me because of their screw-up with shipping out 2 weeks after I ordered.
Then they tell me that ONLY the International department can handle this issue and they hardly EVER call or e-mail me back. Sometimes I get a response, other times I don’t.
Every day or other day I’m calling and waiting around on hold, getting angrier and angrier. I was trying to be patient, but I WANTED the items I paid over $300 for.
- FINALLY after 4-6 days of talking to countless people and me raising my voice, they decided to take care of the duty for me and reimburse me. They had wanted to give me a credit and I said NO WAY. I’m not losing $150 of my money on a credit. Who knows when I will order again.
Then tonight about 2 months after that drama I call again to order thinking this time it will be a breeze because I want the items shipped within the US because someone is flying where I am and will bringing the items for me.
I get this kid on the phone who makes mistake after mistake and he can’t even tell me what blend is for headaches. I say something and he can’t remember what I said from one minute to the next. That happened around 4 times.
- AGAIN they don’t have the digize 15 ml.
- FINALLY I’m soooo furious when I find out he doesn’t know what c/o stands for. How can you hire someone who deals with shipping tasks day in and day out and NOT train them what c/o stands for? I myself never worked for such a company, and I KNEW what c/o stands for when I was 18. I learned that fairly quickly while working as a receptionist and dealing with only minimal mail tasks.
I ask for a manager, and THAT manager ALSO doesn’t know what c/o stands for. Grrrrr
The LAST straw after wasting 20 minutes of my time was when the manager said we can’t even take your order because you are International. Of course this is NOT true. The last 2 times I was ready to order and had them compile the items into my account to prepare plus the day I did order it was through US sales. Then the time the supervisor gave me the free oils it was through US sales.
After he started telling me to calm down twice, I hung up the phone on him and remembered someone on Amazon had recommended Plant Therapy.
OMG, Plant Therapy’s staff is sharp, they have common sense, the questions were answered quickly, and both times I called, I felt heard, understood and even their shipping overseas was VERY reasonable (I couldn’t ship stateside because it wouldn’t get to the address in time.) I’m PRAYING their oils are as good or better than Young Living’s because I can NOT STAND Young Living, and I have to get away from them because they drive me INSANE.
They are one of the stupidest companies I’ve EVER come across. The amount of mistakes they make, and the lack of common sense, and just not knowing the basic facts about anything astonishes me. And I am NOT talking about one or two people here, I’m talking I MAYBE get one person with a brain out of every 10-15. One of the most common complaints I read from their ex-employees is that the company is VERY disorganized. I just don’t get how a company can make THAT much money and be sooo inept.
End of Rant about my Young Living complaints